How can I avoid spam texts and email?
To reduce the number of unwanted email and texts you receive:
- Be careful about giving out your mobile phone number, email address or any other personal information.
- Read through commercial web forms. Some websites allow you to opt out of receiving email from partners - but you may have to uncheck a preselected box if you want to do so.
- Do not respond to unwanted texts or emails from questionable sources. Several mobile service providers allow you to block the sender by forwarding unwanted texts to 7726 (or "SPAM"). Check with your provider about other options.
- Use a "junk mail" or "spam" email filter.
- Consider using two email addresses - keeping one for personal messages only.
Information Source: FCC.gov