How can I avoid spam texts and email?
To reduce the number of unwanted email and texts you receive:
- Be careful about giving out your mobile phone number, email address or any other personal information.
- Read through commercial web forms. Some websites allow you to opt out of receiving email from partners - but you may have to uncheck a preselected box if you want to do so.
- Do not respond to unwanted texts or emails from questionable sources. Several mobile service providers allow you to block the sender by forwarding unwanted texts to 7726 (or "SPAM"). Check with your provider about other options.
- Use a "junk mail" or "spam" email filter.
- Consider using two email addresses - keeping one for personal messages only.
Information Source: FCC.gov
Next: What are the rules about unwanted texts to your mobile phone?
Recently Reported Phone Numbers
8180804483 - m - 14 minutes ago
5129525615 - Got a text Said i got an interview. Says, "Your resume has been reviewed by the human resources and you have been selected for an online interview with Mr Norvis now.The interview will be conducted via online that way it's faster Do you have a G-mall account?" Yeah, no thanks. - 58 minutes ago
7014281781 - Trying to make a bogus cupcake order using a credit card. - 1 hour ago
7406204062 - Hi - 4 hours ago
7406204062 - Where are you - 4 hours ago