what you can do to stop Robo calls?
- Ask your phone company to offer robocall-blocking technology for which the FCC has now given the legal approval.
- Register your number on the Do Not Call list in order to block telemarketing calls: www.donotcall.gov
- If you use robocall-blocking technology already, it often helps to let that company know which numbers are producing unwanted calls so they can help block those calls for you and others.
- Tell unwanted callers that you do not consent to the call, make a record of the number and when you made your request not to be called, and let us know.
- Wireless and landline home phones are protected against telemarketing robocalls made without prior written consent from the recipient.
- Congress also explicitly empowered consumers to choose to take legal action.
Information Source: FCC.gov